Amazon The King of the Mountain
Today, Amazon holds 43.5% of USA’s eCommerce market. They have over 300 million active users and sell over 3 billion products each month. Furthermore, over 1 million products are added each day to their stores, and they are expected to sell over 12 billion products by 2020. The Amazon info-graphic source can be found here.
Ten Facts About Amazon
It all started in the 1990s when the internet started being used for trading and advertising and changed shopping as we knew it. It meant that companies acquired the ability to sell products in places from every part of the world, and soon many online shopping platforms were created. One of the “heavyweights” in electronic commerce is definitely Amazon.
What started as an online bookstore is now home to anything from software to electronics, apparel, furniture, etc. The best thing, however, is that plenty of items can be bought with an “Amazon discount“. The ecommerce giant founded in 1994 has a revenue of more than $177 billion, and today is the largest internet retailer in the world as measured by revenue and market capitalization.
Today we take a look at 10 interesting facts and figures about Amazon.
- There are 304 million Amazon users, with 30 million people using the Amazon mobile app per month.
- Amazon has 11 global marketplaces, and it is the most popular marketplace with a score of 6.12/10.
- The average number of products being added per day is 1.3 million, and 3 billion products are sold every month.
- An Amazon customer spends an average of $700 per year.
- 34.7 items are being shipped per second, with the shipping cost per year being $7.18 billion.
- Kindle owners spend an average of $1.450 per year at Amazon.
- Amazon has 43.5% of the share of the USA retail ecommerce.
- Amazon’s founder Jeff Bezos’s net worth is $100 billion.
- The current Amazon logo depicts a smile that goes from A to Z.
- Amazon spends $3 billion on video content annually.
What to find out more about Amazon? Scroll down and take a look at the infographic below.
0 LIKES SHARE