How to Move From Amazon Vendor Central (1PL) to Amazon Seller Central (3PL)
Need help moving from Amazon Vendor Central to Amazon Seller Central. We can help. Palmetto Digital Marketing Group recently put together an amazon strategy for a world class potential client who wanted to migrate from Amazon Vendor Central to Amazon Seller Central. We thought we would outline these strategies in a news post so we can be in a position to help additional retailers or merchants who also want to make the migration.
AMAZON PROGRAMS DEFINED:
AMAZON VENDOR CENTRAL (1PL)
1PL: Sell first-party, wholesale, directly to Amazon Retail, using the Vendor Central interface.
AMAZON SELLER CENTRAL (3PL)
3PL: Sell third-party to consumers through the Amazon marketplace, using the Seller Central interface (whether the brand sets up its own 3P seller account, or works with partner 3P sellers focused on the brand).
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE?
Amazon Vendor Central is Amazon’s more typical reseller structure. Amazon buys your products, sells them at the prices they feel are appropriate, and pays you back. Vendor Central is invite-only, and it’s generally for larger manufacturers and well-known brands.
Amazon Seller Central allows third-party sellers to list products on Amazon’s site. Smart sellers use Fulfilled by Amazon (FBA), which PDMG recommends to all of our clients. FBA also allows access Amazon Prime shipping. Any merchant or seller can use Seller Central. Sellers retain full control of their product listings and pricing with Seller Central.
Amazon 1PL vs 3PL (Pros & Cons)
WHO, WHAT & HOW: SETTING THE STRATEGY TO MIGRATE FROM 1PL TO 3PL
PDMG FOCUS INITIATIVES & DELIVERABLES
Full Migration from Amazon Vendor Central to Amazon Seller Central
AMAZON MIGRATION PROCESS
- Invite PDMG Users to Seller Central and Vendor Central
- Assign PDMG User Rights to Seller Central
- End to End Account Examination/Audit of both Seller Central and Vendor Central
- Register Brand with Amazon Seller Central
- Build a New Amazon Brand Store
- Add New A+ Content via Vendor Central to be approved by team
- Add Review Program to Gain Customer Reviews
- Add Store to the PDMG 3rd Party FBA Forecasting Tool
- Set Up a FBA Pallet Shipment
- Execute FBA Pallet Shipment
- Stop Filling Vendor Central PO’s (Timing to be determined)
- Set Up Marketing Campaigns > Sponsored Ads > Headline Ads > Brand Store Linking
- Create Customer Service Templates
- Add ASIN’s in PDMG Client Monitoring Tool (for Negative Reviews and Feedback)
- Add ASIN’s Amazon into the Amazon Auto-pricing tools to ensure Buy Box
- Wait for Amazon.com Retail to sell through inventory
- Enjoy Buy Box while selling at determined retail price
- Sell, Replenish FBA Inventory, Manage, Grow & Repeat
- Wait 1 to 2 months before closing the Amazon Vendor Account after full transition
Why Does Palmetto Digital Marketing Group Recommend Moving Away from Amazon Vendor Central?
Amazon Vendor Central is invite-only, and it’s generally for larger manufacturers and well-known brands.
It makes the Amazon Vendor Central division into a single controlled Amazon distributor of your line of products once you sell them to Amazon.
AVC (Amazon Vendor Central) works out a low purchase price from you promising to purchase large quantities from you at this low price. Then once AVC has your products they completely control the pricing, marketing, sponsoring etc. of your product line. This along with using the AVC pricing algorithm to always have the lowest price will always give AVC the Buy Box. So if you or any other of your resellers want to sell that line of product on Amazon.com your sales will be very small because you will never get the all-important “BUY BOX” on Amazon.com.
Let PDMG help you make more money on Amazon.com by making you more INDEPENDENT of the Amazon schemes. Not only can we move you onto a more profitable Amazon selling platform, but we can also migrate your Amazon ecommerce store onto a 3rd party independent platform! Contact Us today.
MOVING FROM AMAZON VENDOR CENTRAL TO AMAZON SELLER CENTRAL HELP: CHARLESTON SC, NORTH CHARLESTON SC, MYRTLE BEACH SC, COLUMBIA SC, CHARLOTTE NC, JACKSONVILLE FL, ATLANTA GA, RALEIGH NC, ATHENS GA, TAMPA FL, ORLANDO FL, BIRMINGHAM AL, RICHMOND VA, WASHINGTON DC, ASHEVILLE NC, GREENVILLE SC & SAVANNAH GA, NEW YORK CITY, BOSTON MA, PHILADELPHIA PA, WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO IL, NEW ORLEANS LA, DENVER CO, AUSTIN TX, DALLAS TX, HOUSTON TX, SALT LAKE CITY UT, SAN DIEGO CA, LOS ANGELES CA, SAN FRANCISCO, CA, PORTLAND OR, SEATTLE WA, MIAMI FL, SAN ANTONIO TX, PHOENIX AZ